As soon as you put on that black T-Shirt, you noticed these little white dust on the shoulders: you have dandruff! It’s time for some anti-dandruff tips.
There are several natural ways to remove dandruff and soothe an itching scalp. And it is very often enough to open your cupboards to enjoy it!
First of all, what is dandruff?
When all is well, the cells of the scalp renew themselves every 3 to 4 weeks. A well-paced and invisible process.
But sometimes, everything goes much faster and much too fast: they are renewed in about 10 days. This means a significant amount of dead cells, which forms dander. They accumulate and this is called dandruff!
Dandruff manifest as:
- Dry dandruff. They are small, white, and easily come off the scalp to get on our clothes. Not very glamorous…
- Oily dandruff. They are bigger, yellow, and stick to the scalp. He’s having trouble breathing. This irritates him and can be itchy. Not very nice …
Top 5 Best Anti-Dandruff and Scalp Care Products
What causes Dandruff? Among the best known:
- Heat (that includes unnecessary brushing!).
- A poor diet.
- The presence of yeast which causes pityriasis.
- A hormonal disorder.
- Water that is too hard.
Therefore, Dandruff has nothing much to do with poor hygiene, it is a skin problem. Both their appearance and the unpleasant sensations they generate.
5 Best Natural Anti-Dandruff Solutions To Try
# 1: Vinegar
An ingredient that helps all hair types! The acidity of the apple cider vinegar will modify the pH of the scalp and destroy the dirt: two actions that will not please dandruff.
They will just stop happening. The vinegar also helps eliminate bacteria that would be present and therefore calm the itching. No more hesitation!
Using the vinegar-based treatment, before shampooing:
Pour a little pure apple cider vinegar on your head: 4 tbsp. soup may be enough! (If you prefer, you can dilute it in water, but in equal parts: 1 glass of vinegar for 1 glass of water for example.)
- Massage your scalp.
- Leave on for 1 hour. So plan ahead!
- Rinse off while shampooing.
- A little ritual to adopt twice a week.
Tip: The vinegar will perform even better when mixed with coconut oil, which is known to remove dandruff. Nice program!
Using the vinegar-based treatment, after shampooing:
To remove dandruff, we will integrate it into the rinse water. When we know that vinegar also makes hair shiny … We say that we say nothing!
- Dilute 5 to 6 tbsp. tablespoons of cider vinegar in 1l. of water.
- Pour over your head, as the last step of your shampoo.
- Dry your hair as usual, but avoid too hot styling devices. Your scalp needs a break!
- It may smell a little a few hours but the care and beauty result is worth it!
# 2: Salt
Just as easy to find at home! Salt is a multiple natural beauty ingredient : exfoliant, sebum regulator … It allows a gentle exfoliation of the scalp to remove dandruff :
- Mix a handful of salt (coarse or fine) in ½ glass of water.
- Pour this mixture on the head, rubbing your skull for about 5 minutes.
- Wait 10 min.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water or switch to your usual shampoo.
Tip: If you are more comfortable with a “dry” formula, you can use your salt shaker directly! Shake it over your head. Then, the same technique!
# 3: Lemon
Do you have some in your fruit basket? Hop, take it, and get ready to see your dandruff disappear! Lemon has an astringent effect which also helps to regulate the pH of the scalp.
It is also antibacterial (so perfect if your dandruff is caused by a fungus), it helps reduce excess sebum (so perfect if you have oily hair)… It really juices!
- Squeeze your lemon.
- Pour it over your damp head and hair.
- Massage your scalp gently.
- Leave on for about 5 minutes.
- Follow up with your shampoo routine.
Tip: Every day, when showering, you can rinse your hair with 1 tsp. of lemon juice diluted in a cup of water. In addition, it’s excellent!
# 4: Garlic
Ouch! It might smell a bit strong … But the antifungal properties of garlic are really good for getting rid of the bacteria that cause dandruff naturally. So it’s worth it to lead this “battle”!
- Crush one garlic clove.
- Rub your scalp with it.
- Leave on for about 1 hour.
- Wash your hair.
Tip: Mix garlic with olive oil: the latter is also very strong in the fight against dandruff. Just pour the crushed clove into a saucepan containing ¼ cup of oil.
Heat without boiling. Once it has cooled, apply to your hair and scalp, not forgetting to massage it. Wait 1 hour before washing your hair.
# 5: Infusions
The power of plants… It has been used for ages! Some of them have antibacterial and / or purifying properties which will limit the proliferation of dandruff.
For example, rosemary, sage, bay leaf, thyme … Why not give it a try? Dry hair should especially love it.
To prepare your infusion:
- Immerse a handful of the plant of your choice in ½ liter of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Filter and let cool.
- Pour over your clean hair as to rinse water.
- Aim for the roots while pouring!
- And to go further, pamper your hair with an anti-dandruff mask treatment comprising different ingredients!
Did you enjoy these anti-dandruff tips? Do you have any other natural anti-dandruff solutions to share in the comments? We would love to read them and take advantage of them!
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API