Here are the best Dehydrated Skin Care routine and products that work.
In the depths of winter, it is not uncommon for the facial skin to go through a short period of dehydration. Do you feel your skin feeling tight and reactive? Perhaps you are dehydrated.
Here are tips for recognizing dehydrated skin, and pampering it to restore its radiance!
Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin. What is the Difference?
Dry skin is often confused with dehydrated skin when these are two completely different issues.
Let’s start from this observation: so-called “normal” skin is skin that contains as much water as lipids.
Dry skin is naturally low in fat. It has always been the nature of your skin, it tends to dry out very easily, it feels tight, and may even have flaking patches.
To regain comfort and flexibility, a beauty routine adapted to your skin type, based on treatments rich in lipids and essential fatty acids, is essential.
The dehydrated skin, meanwhile, is skin that has a water loss too great. She has enough fat but lacks hydration.
Dehydrated skin is temporary, it is a condition, which often occurs at the change of season when the skin undergoes changes in temperature, humidity, or care routine.
Dehydrated skin can, therefore, affect all skin types. Above all, it is a reversible state, which with the right care, can quickly become healthy and supple!
Dehydrated skin: What symptoms to watch out for?
Dehydrated skin has several symptoms that should make you want to hear:
- A dull complexion and loss of radiance of your skin
- A more or less intense feeling of discomfort: tightness, itching, slight burning sensation
- Presence of small flaking plates
- Lack of flexibility and elasticity
- Stronger wrinkles
The 9 Best Dehydrated Skincare Essentials
1. Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Cream
2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream | Body and Face Moisturizer for Dry Skin
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel
4. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
5. Olay Regenerist Retinol Moisturizer – Face Cream
6. Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream
7. Amlactin Ultra Smoothing Intensely Hydrating Body Cream
8. AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
9. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin
Causes of dehydrated skin
Among the causes of dehydrated skin, a dysfunction of the skin barrier also called a hydrolipid film.
Weakened, this film which protects the skin is less resistant to attack, and less retains the water naturally contained in the epidermis.
Among the factors which can damage the hydrolipidic film, and be at the origin of dehydrated skin:
- Extreme temperatures or frequent temperature changes: heatwave, a period of extreme cold, change of season, or simply the excessive use of heating or air conditioning
- The effects of pollution on the skin, for those who live in urban areas
- Frequent exposure to tobacco or alcohol
- Internal causes such as stress, fatigue, food imbalance
- Drug treatment
- An overly aggressive skincare routine
Best Dehydrated Skin Care Routine and Products to Adapt
The good news if you have dehydrated skin is that this condition is reversible with good actions:
- Adopt a makeup remover and a gentle facial cleanser, which respects the hydrolipidic film and even participates in its strengthening, such as a cleansing oil for example.
- Bet on a day cream loaded with moisturizing active ingredients, and support its action with a hydrating serum with very concentrated formula, to quickly soothe the skin.
- Once a week, apply a deep hydration mask, to allow the skin to regenerate gently, regain its suppleness and elasticity.
If you live in a polluted environment, an anti-pollution treatment to strengthen the skin barrier can also be a great idea!
Natural Treatments to Fight Against Dry Skin
Here is a small list of treatments to buy, one of each is more than enough, no need to buy everything, avoid waste or products that remain in drawers without utility, the accumulation of material is bad for the heart.
- Dry Skin vegetable oils: Argan, Hemp, Jojoba, Avocado, Baobab, Olive, Wheat germ, Borage, Sweet almond, Brazil nuts…
- Dehydrated Skin Care Essential oils: Neroli, Mandarin, Rosewood, Ho Wood, Geranium, Patchouli, Sage Officinale, Palmarosa.
- Butters: Cocoa, Shea Butter, Mango.
- Milk: Donkey milk.
- Hydrosols: Italian Helichrysum, True Lavender, Orange Blossom, Blueberry, Damask Rose, Linden, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang, Bamboo.
- Be gentle with your skin: avoid sudden movements, rubbing when removing makeup or applying care, as well as excessively hot water on the face.
- Hydrate yourself and drink enough. And yes, the hydration of the skin also goes inside: tea, herbal tea, sparkling water, never let go of your favorite drink, even in winter!
These tips are very helpful in keeping up with dehydrated skin. Switch to this best Dehydrated Skin Care routine and your skin will be well balanced and dehydrated.
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API