What are the most effective essential oils for stretch marks?
Contrary to popular belief, stretch marks do not only affect pregnant women.
Adolescents or menopausal, if you see them forming reassure yourself it’s completely normal!
They can occur at any stage of life. They generally appear during an excessively sudden weight gain or loss, but can also have a genetic factor.
Essential oils and vegetable oils will be very complementary here to limit their appearance and repair damage if necessary, thanks to their healing, regenerating, moisturizing, and astringent skin properties.
Here are the 10 Best Essential Oils for Stretch Marks
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- In order to know the specific precautions for use, refer to the practical sheet for each of the essential oils used.
- These precautions apply under the conditions of application and dosage mentioned above. If in doubt, ask your question on our forum and consult your doctor.
1. Rosewood essential oil is regenerating, healing, it is used to diminish and prevent the appearance of stretch marks.
2. Frankincense essential oil is healing and regenerating, excellent for stretch marks.
3. Geranium essential oil is regenerating, soothing provides effective skincare and is also used to diminish and prevent stretch marks.
4. Ho wood essential oil is very soft, regenerating, and adapts to treat mature skin.
5. Helichrysum essential oil is soothing and has healing properties. The Helichrysum is rich in italidiones, about 1 to 15%. Thus a great option for treating stretch marks.
These molecules are very little studied and yet very powerful which gives the Italian Helichrysum the ability to stimulate cell regeneration and therefore effectively repair the skin.
Italian Helichrysum is an essential oil with multiple resources: in addition to its healing properties, it contains anti-inflammatory monoterpene ketones and will thus limit “fresh” stretch marks called inflammatory.
6. Cistus essential oil has great healing properties and is used in the treatment of stretch marks.
Why use essential oils to prevent or treat stretch marks?
Essential oils have interesting anti-stretch mark properties, they are:
Common Causes of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks appear following the rupture of the elastic fibers of the epidermis. These are scars that can be caused by many causes:
- Too strict diets leading to too rapid weight loss, do the yoyo what.
- Weight gain over a short period of time.
- A growth spurt in adolescence
Best Strategies to Treat Stretch Marks Naturally
- Exfoliate to allow the removal of dead cells and the regeneration of new cells.
- Use natural care with regenerating and healing properties.
- Make targeted massages to penetrate the active ingredients to optimize the effectiveness of care.
- Use care adapted to the situation (pregnancy for example).
- Establish a skincare routine, that is, apply skincare twice a day to obtain results more quickly.
Top 3 Stretch Marks Remover Creams
Best Essential Oils Recipes for Diminishing Stretch Marks
1. Anti-Stretch Marks Recipe
Take an empty bottle, and add:
- 10 drops of Italian Helichrysum essential oil
- use 10 drops of true Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of Cajeput essential oil
- 170 drops of Rosehip oil
Apply 3 to 4 drops on the stretch mark area 2 times a day.
- The presence of Cajeput is very special here. No need to add healing molecules, the cocktail formed by Lavender and Helichrysum is sufficient.
No, Cajeput is present here for one of its properties that we recognize it too little: that of skin tonic and astringent.
If at the level of the face it allows it to tighten the pores, on the rest of the body, it allows above all to firm the skin and to seal the marks that create the stretch marks.
In combined effect with Italian Helichrysum and True Lavender, stretch marks will only have to be held well!
- True Lavender brings its Provencal notes to this combination. It also supports the regenerative action of the Italian Helichrysum.
Lavender is rich in linalyl acetate (26 to 40%), linalool (25 to 36%), and beta-caryophyllene (2 to 7%), 3 molecules that will stimulate the synthesis of keratinocytes, skin cells.
It will, therefore, promote their proliferation to accelerate the healing phenomenon and close the ugly lines formed by stretch marks
- People with asthma and epilepsy should seek medical advice before use.
- In the case of anticoagulant treatment or heavy periods, it is not recommended to use this mixture.
- This combined effect contains cortisone-like essential oils (Italian Helichrysum and Cajeput).
- In the case of high hypotension, the essential oil of True Lavender is not recommended.
- It is also recommended to carry out the allergic test in the crook of the elbow with the mixture before any use.
2. Essential Oils Anti-Stretch Marks Recipe
- 30 drops of Italian Helichrysum essential oil
- 30 drops of Rosemary Verbenone essential oil
- 60 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 50 ml of Rosehip oil
Mix 30 drops of Helichrysum essential oil, 30 drops of Rosemary verbenone essential oil, and 60 drops of Geranium rosat essential oil in 50 ml of rosehip oil.
Apply the preparation on your stretch marks and massage by pinching the skin. Renew the application 3 times a day.
3. Anti-Stretch Marks Recipe
In a 100 mL bottle, pour the following ingredients
- 30 mL macadamia vegetable oil
- 20 mL rosehip oil
- 30 mL of avocado vegetable oil
- 1 mL of mandarin essential oil
- 2 mL true lavender essential oil
Apply this treatment locally in the areas to be protected (thighs, buttocks).
Massage twice a day with this treatment.
- Mandarin essential oils and true lavender are photosensitizing, do not expose yourself to the sun after using this treatment.
- This formula is NOT suitable in case of pregnancy.
Additional Tips for these Anti-Stretch Marks Recipes
- To take even more advantage of the essential oils, here are some recipes that you can also use with profit:
- Mix a little shea butter with a few drops of coconut vegetable oil before applying it to your stretch marks.
- Mix a little Shea butter with a few drops of Sweet Almond vegetable oil before applying it to your stretch marks.
Best Anti-stretch Mark Vegetable Oils
- The Shea butter is the flagship ingredient to have in your cosmetics and pharmaceutical range in pregnancy.
This butter has protective and regenerative skin none.
Shea butter gives elasticity to your skin to prevent the appearance of stretch marks, but also helps you to make them disappear!
In addition, its composition is ideal even for sensitive users, such as pregnant women or babies.
- The essential vegetable oil for damaged skin is Musk Rose oil.
Its composition rich in essential fatty acids makes it a very effective treatment to fight against the signs of aging and the marks of life.
By promoting the synthesis of collagen, it will help firm the skin to restore its elasticity.
In addition, these circulatory and healing properties will strengthen the mixture to erase the ugly traces caused by stretch marks.
- Thanks to its particularly rich content of vitamin E, the hemp seed oil is an ally of choice in the fight against stretch marks.
Indeed, vitamin E is a natural antioxidant, it will protect the skin against free radical damage to reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks and prevent the appearance of new ones.
In addition, its composition will be very close to human lipids, allowing good penetration of the mixture for deeply nourished skin.
- Sweet Almond vegetable oil is very nourishing and can be used in several treatments for dry or tight skin.
- Argan vegetable oil is both nourishing and softening for the skin.
- Avocado oil is softening, regenerating, and has restorative properties on damaged skin.
- Wheat germ vegetable oil is regenerating and repairs damaged or tight skin.
6 Tips to Help Prevent the Appearance of Stretch Marks
- As part of a weight-loss diet: avoid too rapid weight loss.
- Hydrate yourself enough to keep skin elastic.
- Get regular massages with natural anti-stretch mark treatments.
- Add wheat germ oil to your diet at the rate of half a teaspoon per day. It is a food that promotes cell renewal, it is also rich in vitamin E.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. It is a key factor for the regeneration of skin cells.
- Do enough physical exercise, it is important to preserve the elasticity of the skin.
Some More Common Uses of Essential Oils
The richness of aromatherapy is matched only by the richness of the plant world. On top of using essential oils for stretch marks, there are other more useful ways.
Each essential oil is unique with regard to its aromatic composition, its properties, its uses, and its precautions for use.
Before each use, remember to take note of the specifics of the one you are going to use.
Essential oils cannot in fact all be diffused, applied in massage, or taken internally.
The use of essential oils is not trivial and therefore cannot be improvised!
Used in diffusion, essential oils bring their benefits while pleasantly perfuming the interior.
Simply put a dozen drops of essential oil in your diffuser and let yourself be carried away by its aromas!
If you don’t have a diffuser, just drop a few drops of essential oil on a tissue or pebble.
On the skin
Essential oils are very well assimilated by the skin! When authorized for this use, they must always be diluted in vegetable oil.
The percentage of dilution will be even higher than the essential oil will be powerful and therefore potentially aggressive for the skin.
We then distinguish the application in anointing, very brief and localized, and the application in massage, long and extended.
If all essential oils are not suitable for internal use, those which are very effective!
Generally, 1 to 2 drops of essential oil, deposited on a neutral tablet, are sufficient.
For serene use, make sure you are not part of the sensitive public for which the consumption of essential oil is prohibited and respect the precautions for use.
General precautions for use
These precautions for use are general and apply to all essential oils. In order to know the specific precautions for use, refer to the practical sheet for each of the essential oils used.
- Before any consumption, imperatively associate the essential oil with neutral support.
- Before any skin application, and in order to avoid any risk of allergy, make a test in the fold of your elbow.
- If no abnormal reaction has appeared within 24 hours after the test, you can apply the previously diluted essential oil to a larger area of your body. Otherwise, avoid any skin application. Attention, during any cutaneous application, take care not to touch your mucous membranes, except contrary medical opinion, and to always dilute the essential oil which you use in a vegetable oil adapted before application.
- Never heat the essential oil you are using, otherwise, your molecular structure will deteriorate.
- The use of aromatherapy is not recommended, except on medical recommendation, to children under 6 years of age, pregnant women, people with asthma and epilepsy, people with degenerative diseases or a history of hormone-dependent cancers. Concerning nursing women, the greatest precaution is recommended to them.
- In case of getting some essential oil in your eyes, in great quantity on your skin or your mucous membranes, do not rinse with water but with a large quantity of vegetable oil, in order to dilute the applied essential oil. If in doubt or significant discomfort, contact a doctor.
- If too much essential oil or an unsuitable essential oil is ingested, swallow several spoonfuls of vegetable cooking oil (Olive, Sunflower, etc.) and contact the nearest poison control center. Do not induce vomiting, otherwise you will irritate your digestive tract. In the event of improper ingestion of hydrosol, drink water.
Finally, whatever the mode of administration, do not use essential oils continuously, even in low doses. Plan therapeutic windows (i.e. downtime between two periods of use) of at least 5 days every 3 weeks.
I hope this article on the best essential oils for stretchmarks was helpful to you. And that most of your questions and concerns are answered.
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API