One of the most popular hairstyles for several years is without a doubt the famous beach waves! And now, thanks to the simple DIY sea salt hair spray recipe.
We love them because they are easy to make and they give the impression that we have just returned from spending the day by the sea.
During your free time, why not turn to the sea salt spray for effortless, pretty wavy hair?
Sea salt hair sprays are very practical, they give even more the impression that we have come back from the beach and that we have dipped our pretty head in saltwater.
DIY Sea Salt Hair Spray Recipe
And good news: you can make your own salt spray at home!
So here’s how to make a sea salt fixative spray yourself: it’s super easy and it only costs a few dollars.
There are only 5 basic ingredients:
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 C. tablespoons oil ( argan oil, Moroccan oil, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 C. teaspoon hair gel (or aloe gel )
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice (eg lavender or citrus )
The preparation of this sea salt hairspray is also very simple:
- Heat the water in a small saucepan until it simmers.
- Turn off the heat, add the salt and mix well until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Let cool a bit, then transfer to a spray bottle.
- 11 Ways to Strengthen Your Nails
- 10 Best Clarifying Shampoos To Remove Toner Out Of Hair
- Pimples On Your Tattoo? Here is How to Deal With It
- 10 Best Tattoo Removal Creams That Work
Note: You can adjust this recipe according to your hair type, by reducing the amount of oil for oily hair, or even increasing it a little for dry hair.
The oil has a moisturizing effect in this mixture.
Photo credit: fullfitwear.ru
How to use sea salt hairspray for perfect beach waves
- This product can be applied both to wet hair as a base or to dry hair for finishing.
- It is a great replacement for hairspray after using the flat iron and helps set waves by adding structure and texture to them.
- Always shake the bottle before using this product. It is not applied directly to the root of the hair, but rather from the middle of the strands to the bottom.
Thanks to the salt, this fixative spray can be kept almost indefinitely.
Good to know
If using coconut oil, it is best to remember that it is sensitive to temperature changes. If it is cold, it will solidify.
So we can heat our hairspray in the microwave for a few seconds when it does, or maybe even try leaving the spray on a sunny window sill.
The 10 Best Drugstore Sea Salt Hair Sprays To Use
1. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
2. L’ange Hair Sea Salt Spray for Hair | Salt and Séa Hair Texturizing Spray
3. Davines This Is A Sea Salt Spray | Full-Bodied, Beachy Waves
4. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Hair-Texturizing Leave-In Sea Salt Hair Spray, Curl-Defining
5. BYRD Texturizing Surf Spray – Volumizing Beachy Spray With Sea Salt and Coconut Water
6. John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray
7. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Soft Waves Sea Salt Spray
8. Ogx Moroccan Sea Salt Spray
9. KMS HAIRPLAY Sea Salt Spray
10. Verb Sea Spray – Windswept Waves
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API